Airbnb Luxe Guest Refund Policy
Last Updated: 12.5.2020.
These terms and conditions govern Guest refunds (“Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy”) solely for bookings on the Airbnb Platform that are managed by Luxury Retreats (“Luxe Bookings”) and supersede the terms of the Airbnb Guest Refund Policy. The Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy applies in addition to the Airbnb Luxe Guest Booking Agreement (“Airbnb Luxe Guest Booking Agreement”). The Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy is available to Guests who make and pay for a Luxe Booking on the Airbnb Platform and suffer a Travel Issue (as defined below). The Guest’s rights under this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy will supersede the Host’s cancellation policy.
All capitalized terms shall have the meaning set forth in the Airbnb Terms, orPayment Terms unless otherwise defined in this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy. When this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy mentions “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to Airbnb and its affiliates providing booking and payment processing services for Luxe Bookings. When this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy mentions “Host,” it refers to Host as defined in the Airbnb Luxe Guest Booking Agreement.
By making a Luxe Booking as a Guest, and offering an accommodation for Luxe Bookings as a Host, you are indicating that you have read and that you understand and agree to be bound by this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy.
- 1. Travel IssueA “Travel Issue” means any one of the following:(a) A Host (i) cancels a booking shortly before the scheduled start of the booking, or (ii) fails to provide the Guest with the reasonable ability to access the Accommodation (e.g. does not provide the keys and/or a security code).(b) the Listing’s description or depiction of the Accommodation is materially inaccurate with respect to: the size of the Accommodation (e.g., number and size of the bedroom, bathroom, and/or kitchen or other rooms), special amenities or features represented in the Listing are not provided or do not function, such as decks, pools, hot tubs, bathrooms (toilet/shower/bathtub), kitchen (sink/stove/refrigerator or major other appliances), and electrical, heating or air condition systems, or the physical location of the Accommodation (proximity).(c) at the start of the Guest’s booking, the Accommodation: (i) is not generally clean and sanitary (ii) contains safety or health hazards that would be reasonably expected to adversely affect the Guest’s stay at the Accommodation in our judgment, (iii) does not contain clean bedding and bathroom towels available for the Guest’s use, or (iv) has vermin or contains pets not disclosed in the Listing.
- 2. The Airbnb Luxe Refund PolicyIf you are a Guest and suffer a Travel Issue, we agree, at our discretion, to either (i) reimburse you up to the amount paid by you through the Airbnb Platform (“Total Fees”) depending on the nature of the Travel Issue suffered, or (ii) use our reasonable efforts to find and book you another Accommodation for any unused nights left in your booking which is reasonably comparable to the Accommodation described in your original booking in terms of size, rooms, features and quality. All determinations of us with respect to the Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy, including without limitation the size of any refund and the comparability of alternate Accommodations, shall be in our discretion, and final and binding on the Guests and Hosts.
- 3. Conditions to Claim a Travel IssueTo submit a valid claim for a Travel Issue and receive the benefits with respect to your booking, you are required to meet each of the following conditions:(a) you must bring the Travel Issue to the attention of a customer service representative (“Trip Designer”) and the on-site property manager, if applicable,in writing or via telephone and provide us with information (including photographs or other evidence) about the Accommodation and the circumstances of the Travel Issue within 24 hours after the later of (i) the start of your booking or (ii) you discover the existence of the Travel Issue, or within a reasonable time period (as determined by us in our sole discretion), and you must respond to any requests by us for additional information or cooperation on the Travel Issue;(b) we will not consider complaints filed after you have left the Property.(c) you must not have directly or indirectly caused the Travel Issue (through your action, omission or negligence); and(d) you must allow us to reasonably endeavor to remedy the Travel Issue.
- 4. General Provisions
- No Assignment/No Insurance.This Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy is not intended to constitute an offer to insure, does not constitute insurance or an insurance contract, does not take the place of insurance obtained or obtainable by the Guest, and the Guest has not paid any premium in respect of the Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy. The benefits provided under this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy are not assignable or transferable by you.
- Modification or Termination.We reserve the right to modify or terminate this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy, at any time, in our sole discretion. If this Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy is modified, we will post the modification on the Airbnb Platform or provide you with notice of the modification and we will continue to process all claims for Travel Issues made prior to the effective date of the modification.
- Entire Agreement.This Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between us and you regarding the Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy and supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Airbnb, our affiliates, and you regarding the Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy.
- 5. Contacting us.If you have any questions about the Airbnb Luxe Refund Policy, please email us.